We try to offer a variety of programs throughout the year for people of all ages. The following list are those programs we currently offer for our community
- Adult Book Club: Our adult book club meets on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm. They read a variety of authors, genres, and topics. They meet in the Fireside room of the Main Library Building. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join and participate!
- Adult Book Club #2: Our second adult book club meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00pm. The focus of this book club is on "clean" books. So far adult fiction has been the chosen genre for this book club. Anyone and everyone is welcome at this book club each month as well!
- Author Visits: Not regularly scheduled programs, we do try to have author visits at the library each year. Authors will discuss one or more of their works, talk about what it's like being a published writer, answer audience questions covering a variety of topics, and sign books for the audience.
- Special Programs: We try to have several special programs for adults each year. These programs have ranged from a Civil War Re-enactor coming to the library to teach about the Civil War to a music group performing a concert to a historian discussing the history behind a certain topic to program on best gardening practices.
- Storytime: Our Storytime program runs in two sessions. One session is in the Spring and one is in the Fall. It runs on Friday morning for four weeks in each session. Children sing songs, make crafts, and, of course, listen to stories. It is for children ages 3, 4, & 5 years old.
- Toddler Time: Toddler time meets during the school year on the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30pm. This is for children ages 4 and under. This program has songs, stories, and lots of fun!
- Lego Club: This program is for kids in 3rd grade and up and runs during the school year on every Thursday at 3:45pm. Sometimes kids will be given a Lego challenge to complete and other times they are left to their own imaginations to create whatever they can think of. This fun program has lots of participants and lots of creativity!
- Art Club: This program meets on the 2nd Monday each month at 4:00pm and is open to kids of all ages. Each month they create something new and fun using a variety of supplies and styles that they then can take home with them.
- Library Club: Library Club meets once a month and is for kids of all ages. This program includes a brief storytime at the beginning of each program involving stories that relate to the program topic. Then the program can take many forms. In the past there have been guest presentors, food projects, and STEM activities!
- STEM Program: On the 2nd Wednesday of each month we have a STEM program that is presented by the Iowa State Extension Office. These programs take on a variety of topics and activities and are always a lot of fun (with some learning thrown in)!
- Monthly Movie: On the 3rd Friday of the month durring the school year we host an after-school movie. This is for kids of all ages and snacks are provided
- Summer Reading: Our Children's Summer Reading program is for kids going into preschool - exiting 6th grade. In addition to keeping reading logs this program has special events each week like town-wide scavenger hunts to special presentors from the zoo to musicans to magicians! It caps off with a pool party where all the kids who completed their goal get to swim at the pool for free with just the other kids who completed their goals!
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten: This is a year-round, go at your own pace program for kids from birth until they start kindergarten. The goal is to read 1000 books before kindergarten. This can be a variety of books or the same book over and over. For each 100 books that are read we have a small prize for the child. The goal of this program is just to have families enjoy reading with their kids!
- Special Programs: Each year we try to have additional special programs for kids. Some of these programs have included back-to-school parties, a campfire stories and s'mores program, and an interactive movie event, among others.